Thursday, October 13, 2011

LORD, GIVE ME PATIENCE!

I usually don't get on my soap box about politics, BUT! I just got an automated call for a survey. I never, ever do those, but was curious. I was asked three questions and afterward I would be connected to a service representative to get information on receiving a FREE trip to the Bahamas.WHAT?
The questions were: #1 How would I rate the Democratic party on their handling of the debt crisis? #2 How would I rate the Republican party on their handling of the debt crisis? #3 How would I rate the president on his handling of the debt crisis? Of course, I rated them all as low as I could go!
Then I was connected to a foreign person whose English was only slightly better than my cat's. She gave her one-line spiel about the cruise/trip to the Bahamas and asked "Now, isn't that exciting?" NO. I asked her why I should be excited about giving such low ratings for a government who is not listening to me and why on earth would I want to go to the Bahamas? I need to spend my money here at home! Then I hung up!
Didn't accomplish a thing but made me feel a little better to yell into the phone! LORD, GIVE ME PATIENCE...but I want it right now. Amen

4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Too funny. I take it the trip wasn't "free?" ;o) Hang in there....I've learned not to even bother with those calls....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Barbara said...

I usually don't even hang on long enough to hear what they say, but something caught my curious ear...LOL I think it was the "political" aspect...I'm always saying "nobody asked me what I think"...: )

Robin said...

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!! Most of the American Telemarketers are located in foreign countries...go figure??
See you soon...keeping the barrel yet?

Jen said...

Barb, you are too funny GF!!! Why are foreigners doing surveys anyway? Stupid people!